Laserjet 2420d printing too low on page (197 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Message 1 of 2 (197 Views)

Laserjet 2420d printing too low on page

Built a new computer w/xp Pro ..tried to install printer w/original disk...no go..could not communicate with printer. Installed printer manually by selecting driver from this site. Prints fine, except when I print on preprinted forms it prints one line too low on page. Switched to old driver from disk with same result.

Can anyone help?

Thanks...jason
Occasional Visitor
Message 2 of 2 (197 Views)

Re: Laserjet 2420d printing too low on page

Jason,

I don't know if you are still having trouble with your misallignment problem, but here are a couple things to try. Forgive me if I state the obvious.

First, when in a file and you click print, make sure that all scaling is turned off. There are perhaps 3 or 4 different options that may affect this, including the Page Setup in the applicaion.

Second, there is an option to print the doc back to front. Put your preprint in backwards and select the print back to front option.

Third, one of the two times I came across this problem it turned out to be the form quality. The paper was slightly short which threw off printing on the whole document.

Bill
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.