Laserjet 2300, Can't clear error code 13.20.00 (5169 Views)
Occasional Contributor
CA1293375
Message 1 of 7 (5,169 Views)

Laserjet 2300, Can't clear error code 13.20.00

I've been having a horrible time trying to get the printer to print again, but no matter what I try I get the message: "13.20.00 Jam, Remove Tray 2". It happens whether the tray is installed or not, if catridge in or out. I've taken the printer apart practically, but no luck. Found a tiny shred of paper inside, removed, but still have the same issue. Hoping someone might have some insight into clearing the problem.
Respected Contributor
Robert Cundy_1
Message 2 of 7 (5,169 Views)

Re: Laserjet 2300, Can't clear error code 13.20.00

We had the same issue with a 2300 printer out of the box which we ended up getting replaced. The cause of the problem is most likely a sensor failure.

A workaround method that did work here was to first ensure that printer is plugged in directly to a wall socket, not through a surge-protector or anything. Then to switch printer off, remove toner cartridge, replace toner cartridge, rest printer on left hand side. Start moving printer back to normal level position, at half way point turn printer on, then very gently lower to normal position. This may help you to get printer working, but ultimately you would want to get sensor replaced rather than having to keep going through this routine several times a day.
Occasional Contributor
CA1293375
Message 3 of 7 (5,169 Views)

Interesting. Do you know what sensor had to be replaced on your unit?
Respected Contributor
Robert Cundy_1
Message 4 of 7 (5,169 Views)

I never actually worked on the printer in question, other than clearing the jam message.
You can view diagrams of the printer from attached link which may help:
http://h20141.www2.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Product.asp?mscssid=SK244QK96ACM8P58U05N4HJK4A4T73P3&Smetho...
Occasional Visitor
nana Mulyana
Message 5 of 7 (5,169 Views)

mr david...

i have a same problem,what i try ..i get the massage "13.20.00 JAM remove tray 2"
all situation i was try,but it happens whether the tray is installed.

any body can help me?
Occasional Visitor
TrinityChurch
Message 6 of 7 (4,821 Views)

Thank you for the information.  I discovered my problem was not a sensor issue - I actually did have a paper jam that was impossible to see, no matter how hard I looked.  But, being willing to try anything (I had 110 church bulletins to print), I shut off the power AND unplugged the machine.  I turned the printer on its left side, as was suggested here .  Directly beneath the place where you insert Tray 2,  I found a metal plate covering almost the entire length and width of the printer.  I could see a piece of paper through the holes in that metal plate.  All I had to do was pull on the green handle that's right there - towards the front of the printer - and the plate hinged open, allowing me to remove the offending piece of paper.  It wasn't torn, wrinkled or anything - seemed like it just stopped in there for some strange reason.  Maybe static cling.  But I put everything back together again and the printer is working fine.

Occasional Visitor
Neovo_Geesink
Message 7 of 7 (4,373 Views)

The exact couse which was explained by TrinityChurch was allso at hand with a Laserjet 2300 here in Holland.

It stated the errorcode 13.20.00, but said that there was an error in the Upper Lid, and that I had to remove the toner and had to reshut the upper Lid.

Afcourse it was a NO-GO.

While reading on in the Forum here, I checked the option from TrinityChurch, and BANG, it was spot on!

I allso had that sheet of paper under that metal ruler, and I could simply pull it out without tearing it.

Allso here, the printer functions perfectly again.

Neovo.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.