Laserjet 2100 parallel to USB cable (3208 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Alan Levin
Message 1 of 4 (3,208 Views)
Accepted Solution

Laserjet 2100 parallel to USB cable

Has anyone had success using a parallel to USB connector conversion cable with a Laserjet 2100 and a desktop Windows XP machine with only USB connector ports?
thanks
Honored Contributor
Jimmy Gilmore
Message 2 of 4 (3,208 Views)

Re: Laserjet 2100 parallel to USB cable

Alan,
I have sucessfully used the usb/parallel cable on many printers with xp. Can't remember if any were the 2100 but it should be fine.
Jimmy
Honored Contributor
Mcprinter
Message 3 of 4 (3,208 Views)

Lots of problems with many of these cables.

Other users have reported success with this one
http://sewelldirect.com/usbtoparallel.asp

Alternatively you could get a PCI parallel card for your desktop and use a standard parallel cable or get a jetdirect card for your printer and put it on a network.
Occasional Visitor
rhawk95
Message 4 of 4 (3,208 Views)

If you are still looking for a solution to this problem, I found a Parallel to USB converter on eBay that worked almost out of the box (much to my surprise).
I didn't even need to install a different driver, I just connected the cable to Printer/PC and modified the port setting in the Printer Preferences from LPT1 to USB. Amazingly it worked.
I got the cable from eBay trader' britain.electronics' for about £3.50 including postage!
HTH,
Richard

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.