Laserjet 1200 makes squeaking noise when printing (1093 Views)
Occasional Visitor
CA1276643
Message 1 of 4 (1,093 Views)

Laserjet 1200 makes squeaking noise when printing

I have two HP Laserjet 1200 printers and they are both squeaking when printing. The previously have both worked fine. I have tried lubricating the moving parts, but that did not help. Any other ideas to try?
Honored Contributor
Dave Haro
Message 2 of 4 (1,093 Views)

Re: Laserjet 1200 makes squeaking noise when printing

Rick,

Most common causes of squeaking noise is rollers, toner cartridges, exit assy, fusers. Determine when this occurs and remove/replace (if you have spares) to see if noise persists. It is not a good idea to lube parts on printers because they cause other more serious problems, ie. jams and collecting paper dust.

Let us know, Dave
(anon)
Message 3 of 4 (1,093 Views)

Hi Rick
power up the printer with and without the toner, see if u can hear the noises when powering up.
Occasional Visitor
Rob_293
Message 4 of 4 (1,093 Views)

We too have a 1200 printer that makes a high squealing noise when the motor is engaged. I tried with and without the toner - same noise. If I push on the top of the printer, the tone fluctuates a bit. It appears to be coming from the top of the printer - is this where the fuser is?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.