Re: Laserjet 1022NW unable to reinstall (168 Views)
Occasional Visitor
BillSime
Message 1 of 3 (183 Views)

Laserjet 1022NW unable to reinstall

Help!  Trying to reinstall my LJ1022nw wirelessly and can't do it.  Have done it many times before with no problem.  It will connect to the wireless router OK (verified by pinging and could access the EWS ok) but it will not install.  The installation software never finds the printer even when I specify the ip address.  Have also tried to manually connect to the router successfully but have the same problem that it cannot find the printer on the network and install.  I need to connect wirelessly due to my network setup so enet is not an option.  I even removed and uninstalled the software for my other printer so the LJ 1022nw would be the only printer installed...still would not install.

Thanks for any help.

Bill

HP Pro
Mark_Q
Message 2 of 3 (168 Views)

Re: Laserjet 1022NW unable to reinstall

Hi Bill,

Have you tried using the HP Universal Printer Driver (UPD)?  It enables you to connect to the printer (by its IP address) and will dynamically re-configure itself for your printers capabilities.

You can download the UPD from the following location

PCL6 UPD

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/D​riverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=327155...

PS UPD

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/D​riverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=503550...

I would suggest that you try the PCL6 driver first

Mark

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP) .....
Honored Contributor
Kenneth Chan_2
Message 3 of 3 (164 Views)

Re: Laserjet 1022NW unable to reinstall

Mark,

If memory serves, isn't the 1022 a host based printer?  Therefore the UPDs will not work.

Ken

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.