Re: LaserJet CM3530 MFP firmware issue (888 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Lena Lake
Message 1 of 3 (888 Views)
Accepted Solution

LaserJet CM3530 MFP firmware issue

Greetings.

After having some on and off fax issues with this device I thought I'd give it a try by upgrading its firmware. So through HP Web Jetadmin I check Detailed Info for this device and get the following:

Device Firmware Version: 02.066.0
Device Firmware Date: 2008-08-21
Install Date: 2009-05-18 01:00

According to http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=130&prodSeriesId=... there should be (a few) newer firmware available.

However, right-clicking the printer (HP Color LaserJet CM3530 MFP) and selecting "Upgrade firmware", "Device firmware", hit Next and then "Automatic" gives the result "All of the selected devices are currently up-to-date. Click OK to close the wizard of Cancel to change your selection."

Am I missing something?
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Paul Canuck
Message 2 of 3 (888 Views)

Re: LaserJet CM3530 MFP firmware issue

Have not used webjetadmin for this. You can download the latest firware at the support site. When you have the option to choose the OS go to the cross operating system. You will likely need it for Windows and it comes with instructions as there are several methods to do it.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3709254&...
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Lena Lake
Message 3 of 3 (888 Views)

Re: LaserJet CM3530 MFP firmware issue

Hi Paul and thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure how I missed that link. The manual was a bit vague when it came to firmware upgrades/options. Problem solved now.

Thanks for your help.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation