LaserJet 6L - Enable Advanced Printing Features (461 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Nicole Hess_1
Message 1 of 1 (461 Views)

LaserJet 6L - Enable Advanced Printing Features

I'm having some issues with several printers using the HP LaserJet 6L PCL driver. One problem was that when we have the "Enable advanced printing features" checkbox checked, we were unable to print from Word/Excel. The job would flash briefly in the print queue, but nothing would print. We found by disabling the advanced printing features, our problem went away...we didn't really understand why, but it worked. Since then, we've found out that it takes a long time for the simplest documents to spool to these same printers. I've traced this back to the advanced printing features being disabled. I'd like more information on what checking/unchecking the "Enable Advanced Printing Features" box does. Is anyone familiar with the specifics of this or can point me to a document that explains it. I've had no luck tracking any information down.

Thanks,
Nicole
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.