LaserJet 4200 ip address? (3637 Views)
Occasional Visitor
David Mayer
Message 1 of 9 (3,637 Views)
Accepted Solution

LaserJet 4200 ip address?

My office is in the process of switching over our network. Our network printer was set up with the old ip Address and now we are having a hard time getting the printer to recognize the new ip address. Is there something that has to be adjusted in the Printer settings? How can I get this printer to work?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Honored Contributor
Kenneth Chan_2
Message 2 of 9 (3,637 Views)

Re: LaserJet 4200 ip address?

David,

You should be able to set the network parameters from the control panel ; its in Configure Device menu -> I/O submenu -> TCP/IP.

Are you setting the IP parameters manually (ie static) or automatically (dynamic)?

Ken
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 3 of 9 (3,637 Views)

David,

If the above does not work for you, then do a cold reset of the printer. Turn off and turn back on while holding the green check mark button down until all three lights come on solid. When they do release and scroll down to cold reset in the menu and hit the check mark button. When the printer comes to ready, let it sit for 1 minute and then go to the information menu and print out a configuration page. You should get a second page with network settings on it. Put the ip address into your web browser on your computer and the printers information should come up and then go to the networking link and change the address to what you want and save it at the botton using the apply link.
Occasional Visitor
David Mayer
Message 4 of 9 (3,637 Views)

Thank you both for your input. Unfortunately, neither worked. The I/O menu gave no way of changing the IP address. I tried the Cold Restart and when I printed out the configuration page, there was no IP Address listed on the printout. Any other options?
Honored Contributor
Kenneth Chan_2
Message 5 of 9 (3,637 Views)

David M,

You should have got TWO pages, the printer's config page followed by the JetDirect config page (all the stuff to do with net Can you confirm which is the case.

Ken
Honored Contributor
Kenneth Chan_2
Message 6 of 9 (3,637 Views)

David M,

You should have got TWO pages, the printer's config page followed by the JetDirect config page (all the stuff to do with networking). Can you confirm which is the case.

Ken
Occasional Visitor
David Mayer
Message 7 of 9 (3,637 Views)

Two pages did print out and there was no IP Address on the second page either. There was a line that reads "NIC Check : OK addr: 00:80:92:37:3B:64" Not exactly an IP address.
Honored Contributor
Dewaine Chan
Message 8 of 9 (3,637 Views)

See the procedure written up by Chris on Manually setting IP Address on EIO/MIO:

>>>

Procedure by Chris Emmanuel
To configure TCP/IP parameters from the control panel, use the following instructions:

Press the MENU button until HP MIO 1 (or 2), or HP EIO 1 (or 2) appears.

Press the ITEM button until CFG NETWORK = NO appears.

Press the PLUS or VALUE button until CFG NETWORK = YES appears.

NOTE: The CFG NETWORK = XXX (XXX being YES or NO) is a toggle, not a permanent setting. Changing it to YES allows the settings to be changed at that time. It will appear as CFG NETWORK = NO each time this menu is accessed.

Press SELECT or RESUME.

Press ITEM repeatedly until CFG TCP/IP = NO appears.

Press the PLUS or VALUE button until CFG TCP/IP = YES appears.

NOTE: The CFG TCP/IP = XXX (XXX being YES or NO) is a toggle, not a permanent setting. Changing it to YES allows the settings to be changed at that time. It will appear as CFG TCP/IP = NO each time this menu is accessed.

Press SELECT or RESUME.

Press the ITEM repeatedly until BOOTP = YES* appears.

Press the PLUS or VALUE button until BOOTP = NO appears.

NOTE: When using BootP or DHCP, keep the setting BOOTP = YES *. The BootP or DHCP server will configure the TCP/IP parameters on the HP Jetdirect. No other TCP/IP configuring is necessary.

Press SELECT or RESUME.

The following two steps apply to the HP Jetdirect 610n cards only:

DHCP=YES appears.

Press the PLUS or VALUE button until DHCP = NO appears.

NOTE: When using DHCP, keep the setting DHCP = YES *. The DHCP server will configure the TCP/IP parameters on the HP Jetdirect. No other TCP/IP configuring is necessary.

Press SELECT or RESUME.

Press ITEM until IP BYTE 1 = (value*) appears.

Press the PLUS or VALUE button, until the desired value of the first byte of the IP address appears. By pressing and holding the PLUS or VALUE button, the value will scroll rapidly (HP LaserJet 4000, 5000, and 8000 printers have a MINUS button to decrease the value).

Press SELECT or RESUME to save the value.

Press ITEM to continue. Repeat Steps 11-13 to configure the remaining bytes of the IP address.

Repeat Steps 11-13 to configure the subnet mask bytes (SM BYTE 1=), syslog server IP address (LG BYTE 1=), default gateway (GW BYTE 1=), and timeout (TIMEOUT=).

Press ONLINE, GO or MENU. Print a self-test page to verify the IP settings.

If the test page does not show the correct settings, power cycle the printer and reprint the test page.

Hope this helps....

Chris.
<<<
Honored Contributor
Kenneth Chan_2
Message 9 of 9 (3,637 Views)

David,

Dewaine beat me to it! I was about to send you a similar document explaining how to set the parameters manually.

The "00:80:92:37:3B:64" refers to the card's physical ethernet address (often referred to as the MAC address) - this is a unique (hex) address that every ethernet device must have.

Ken
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.