LaserJet 4100 receives data but will not print (778 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Donald Ludgin
Message 1 of 3 (778 Views)

LaserJet 4100 receives data but will not print

The LaserJet 4100 in our Town Office receives data from our Windows 98 computer (the window reports "data received") and stops there. If I press the GO button, it prints what looks like a header. For example, I tried to print the Planning Board agenda from MS Word, and the one line printed reads ";%-12345x`pjl job name="microsoft word - pbagenda.doc"-*`pjl set ret==on-*`pjl se" without the exterior quotes. I cannot get it back to the status where, when I ask it to print, it does so.
Advisor
Dustin Reid
Message 2 of 3 (778 Views)

Re: LaserJet 4100 receives data but will not print

Have you tried re-installing the print drivers? First instinct tells me to do that first.

Let us know if that doesn't work!

Cheers!
Honored Contributor
Pat Flanagan
Message 3 of 3 (778 Views)

Re: LaserJet 4100 receives data but will not print

Donald,

Just to be sure, is it the base model 4100? Or one of the other printers in the 4100 series?
HP LaserJet 4100dtn Printer
HP LaserJet 4100n Printer
HP LaserJet 4100tn Printer
HP LaserJet 4100mfp

How is it connected: Directly to the Windows 98 computer - if so with parallel or usb cable? Or is it networked?

Is this the only computer printing to it, or if others, what OS are they running (Like Windows 2000 or Windows XP or ?)?

If there are other computers printing to it, are they all having the same problem, or just the one?

Sorry to pepper you with questions on this, but I want to be sure I understand the problem exactly.

My gut at this point is that it's probably a driver issue and that you're using the PCL6 driver. If so, you might want to add the PCL5e driver and try it to see if it fixes the problem.

Thanks,
Pat
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.