LaserJet 2840 Scanner Error 2 Turn off then on (5478 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Amos Slater
Message 1 of 4 (5,478 Views)

LaserJet 2840 Scanner Error 2 Turn off then on

On my LaserJet 2840, this message appears in the window: Scanner Error 2 turn off then turn on. I have turned it on and off many times, but the message will not go away. The scanner will not work, so I cannot make a copy, scan, or send a fax. The printer and fax receive functions properly.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
S. Lenderink
Message 2 of 4 (5,478 Views)

Re: LaserJet 2840 Scanner Error 2 Turn off then on

Hi,

With this error you need a new scanner assembly, please be careful not to order a laser/scanner assembly, that is a whole other thing.
Replacing it is not that hard, but you might want to call in a tech to do it, since it does involve removing parts from the printer.
Partnumber : Q3948-60191

Since HP does not supply seperate parts for this scanner assembly, it needs to be replaced as a whole
Extinct.....And loving it
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Patricia Thrasher
Message 3 of 4 (5,478 Views)

What about 52 Scanner Error...I have turned machine off and on. It works for a while but it keeps coming back.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
mohamad razali
Message 4 of 4 (5,478 Views)

i change a"ready the scanner unit,scanner error 2 still in my display...went i turn on the mechine,scanner look likes stuck and got sound
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation