LaserJet 2605dn - Constant Jam in tray 2 (3120 Views)
Occasional Visitor
MWood47
Message 1 of 8 (3,120 Views)

LaserJet 2605dn - Constant Jam in tray 2

My HP LaserJet2605dn has a "jam" in tray 2 that occurs about once every 3 pages. However, once I open tray 2, there's no jam. I shut the tray, and the printing will resume for another few pages until another jam occurs. Any idea what might be causing this?
Thanks for the help!
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Robert Farrington
Message 2 of 8 (3,120 Views)

Re: LaserJet 2605dn - Constant Jam in tray 2

First I would make sure the paper fits snug in the cassette. Make sure it touches the front of the cassette so the pickup rollers can grab the paper.

If all looks well I would replace the pickup rollers for that cassette.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
peatjg
Message 3 of 8 (3,120 Views)

I've actually got this problem too, normally worn out rollers cause some sort of jam but the paper hasn't even been picked up when I open the tray. I've changed the driver, checked the tray settings and the fuser still has 28% left (normally the rollers get replaced when the fuser does). Can anyone tell me how to actually remove the pickup roller? It doesn't just slid out like on the 4000 series.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
pxpatty
Message 4 of 8 (2,231 Views)

I kept gettting a message "Jam in paper tray 2 but no paper had fed.  I finally fixed it by pulling the stop at the back of the tray all the way forward to the paper, then I put 1 sheet through "paper tray 1" which I had trouble finding, and printing the single page.  Paper tray 1 is actually just a slot at the bottom of paper tray 2 on the outside front of the printer.  It's working fine now. 

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Kevin_Adams
Message 5 of 8 (2,207 Views)

It would help if new posts were opened rather than the pattern of continuing old ones, I see a lot today that are 5 years + old.

Anyway, the 2600 series is a reduced strategy printer, if the roller is a bit worn then it can be replaced.

Cartridges need removing, then the Pre-transfer guide plate needs removal - this is the black plate at the bottom of the print cavity. 2 screws secure it.

Lift it out .

The pick up roller (RC1-5440-000CN) is held in place by 2 plastic clips, gently release them and remove the pick up roller towards the rear of the printer - the shaft etc mean it only comes out in one direction.

If it ain't simple it ain't worth doing.
(Don't forget Kudos if people have helped)
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
lovehp2605
Message 6 of 8 (605 Views)

I cannot get my 2605dn to print from tray2. It prints fine from tray1

It does not respond to the fixes which are given under this subject.

I have swaped the paper tray with a good one, I have swaped the paper jam sensor for a good one, I have removed & replaced the feedwheel rubber - still won't print from 2.

Having taken the right hand side cover off (when viewed from the front), I can see that the solenoid operated latch which holds or releases the feed roller rotation never unlatches. Therefore the feed roller never rotates to feed paper. If I physically unlatch the latch, the printer feeds a piece of paper perfectly. It seems as thought the solenoid operating the latch is not getting a signal to release the feed roller rotation. ANY IDEAS?

Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 7 of 8 (596 Views)

If you get a jam message on the display, then the printer is trying to pickup from tray 2. I would think that the solenoid has gone bad. Rare but it does happen.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
lovehp2605
Message 8 of 8 (578 Views)

Hi DavidZuts, thanks for the encouragement about the solenoid possibly having gone bad.

Bad news, I replaced the solenoid with a good one from another 2600 machine, solenoid still did not budge. Obviosly the solenoid isn't getting any signal to operate it. So where from here? What could be inhibiting the signal to the solenoid?

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation