LaserJet 2550 Color realigning the carousel (4672 Views)
Established Member
Laughty
Message 1 of 3 (4,672 Views)
Accepted Solution

LaserJet 2550 Color realigning the carousel

My color LaserJet 2550ln only prints on the right quarter of the page. I think it may be that the carousel has become mis aligned and I am searching for instruction on how I might rectify this issue. I can see what I presume to be the alignment marks on the left side but cannot find the markings on the right. The operating system is Windows Vista but I think this is a mechanical problem. I have 90%+ indicated on all consumables. Can anyone help Please?

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 3 (4,666 Views)

Re: LaserJet 2550 Color realigning the carousel

See the attached for instructions to align the carousel.  The attached is from the 2840 manual but the procedure is the same.  Also below is a link to your service manual to use to get to the carousel.  It is best to remove the top cover and of course all the toner cartridges.

http://www.feedroller.com/store/Service%20Manual/Color%20LaserJet%202550%20sm.pdf

Established Member
Laughty
Message 3 of 3 (4,643 Views)

Re: LaserJet 2550 Color realigning the carousel

Hi David Problem sorted. I cannot thank you enough for your help. I had searched the internet for those manuals and couldn't find them anywhere. The problem was the carousel was out by one tooth. I had gone to printer repair  who advised me that it would cost too much to fix and it was time to get a new one but as the printer had cost me over 600 euro originally and I had recently spent 400 euro on consumables I was determined to exhaust all possibilities before junking it. Once again your help was much appreciated you have made one very happy Irishman. PS It might be an idea if HP had a section on this site where one could access those manuals

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.