LaserJet 2015dn IP Address Configuration (2823 Views)
Occasional Visitor
R D Holmes
Message 1 of 3 (2,823 Views)

LaserJet 2015dn IP Address Configuration

It appears that the 2015dn has a default of DHCP for obtaining an initial IP address after connecting to a network.

If the Network does not have a DHCP server then the network confguration print out shows "configuring" as the IP address.

As far as I can determine the only method for assigning a static IP address is to connect to the printer via a USB cable and use the HP ToolboxFX application.

Since the location of my client's 2015dn is in a room with no PCs and a laptop is not available I hope that there is some other way to do the static IP configuration. If not, it looks as if HP has not done a good job of designing the 2015 configuration routines.
Honored Contributor
razzer
Message 2 of 3 (2,823 Views)

Re: LaserJet 2015dn IP Address Configuration

sometimes it will go to the default adrress of 192.0.0.192 which may be able to connect you to an embedded web server to configure the IP.or you should be able to type a printer's host name in to the address fields and access an embedded web server.

otherwise i would say web jet admin or perhaps telnet to configure it.
Occasional Advisor
Pattrado Pinto
Message 3 of 3 (2,823 Views)

Re: LaserJet 2015dn IP Address Configuration

i am trying to give my printer a static IP address, but whenever i change the default IP address to the static IP, i goes back to the default IP address. i then unchecked DHCP and it kicked me out of the system.
-How can i get back into the control panel?
-What can i do to change the IP address from the default to the static?
Thanks in advance.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.