LaserJet 1300 won't print anymore. flashing amber light (17559 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Robert Maniscalco
Message 1 of 10 (17,559 Views)
Accepted Solution

LaserJet 1300 won't print anymore. flashing amber light

I've tried restarting, disconnecting, there's no paper jam. I push the big green button and I get the little green button to light up but then it goes back to the flashing amber light about twice a second.
Honored Contributor
Ken Chahley
Message 2 of 10 (17,559 Views)

Re: LaserJet 1300 won't print anymore. flashing amber light

Make sure the door is closed properly, reseat the toner cartridge. Is the door interlock engaging properly. Check the back door that there isn't a piece of paper stuck in there somewhere.
When in doubt, check your manual:)
Occasional Visitor
Robert Maniscalco
Message 3 of 10 (17,559 Views)

I've checked and rechecked for paper jams. I reset the toner cartridge many times. It quit when I went to print a document. Is the flashing yellow light an indicator for a paper jam? Cause I swear there is no paper jam.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 4 of 10 (17,559 Views)

Lets try a test. Open and then close the toner door. Does the motor turn. If it does not then the printer thinks there is a jam. It could be someplace you can not see like the sensor flag in the fuser. It does not mean a piece of paper is stuck only that a flag is in the wrong position so the printer thinks there is a jam. Now if the motor turns you could have a board issue, but there is one thing you can try which was prevalent on the 1200 series and I have seen a couple on the 1300. Unplug the printer and remove the left side cover. There is a board with a couple of ribbon connectors going to it. Remove and reseat all the connectors and then plug back in and see if that helps.
Honored Contributor
Ken Chahley
Message 5 of 10 (17,559 Views)

I'm thinking the 1200...which is very similar, but if just the amber lite is flashing and no other lites on, try reseating the fan connector. Is the fan working?
When in doubt, check your manual:)
Occasional Visitor
Robert Maniscalco
Message 6 of 10 (17,559 Views)

Oops, when I removed the toner cartridge and looked under I found a paper jam. I think the tip off was when you said there had to be a flag triggered OR an actual paper jam.

So, all I can say is thankyou for your assitance and sorry to have been a bother. You all will get the highest marks from me.
Occasional Advisor
tedoberson
Message 7 of 10 (5,446 Views)

[ Edited ]

can you figure out why #1300HP IS NOT PRINTING?fLASHING YELLOW LIGHT. DISCONNECTED POWER AND PRINTER CABLES, TOOK OUT CARTRIDGE, NO VISIBLE PAPER STUCK

Occasional Advisor
tedoberson
Message 8 of 10 (5,441 Views)

NO FAN , NO NOISE, STILL FLASHING
Occasional Visitor
RAYR
Message 9 of 10 (4,875 Views)

The recommendations worked.  Thank you very much for the answer!

Occasional Visitor
pixie123
Message 10 of 10 (250 Views)

Blinking yellow light - replace your cartridge!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.