LaserJet 1100 "Out of Paper", but it isn't...? (272 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 13 (272 Views)
Accepted Solution

LaserJet 1100 "Out of Paper", but it isn't...?

Our LaserJet 1100 says it is out of paper, and won't print, but it isn't out of paper. Have tried all manner of changing paper amount, thickness, etc. Have re-installed driver & printer, all to no avail. One morning it did print a page (after restart), but the next time we tried to print to it, it said "out of paper" again. Do I need to take it apart? Any help would be appreciated! Janelle
Honored Contributor
Message 2 of 13 (272 Views)

Re: LaserJet 1100 "Out of Paper", but it isn't...?

What is the light status on the printer???

D.
Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 13 (272 Views)

The light status is green, all ok. No yellow-you're-out-of-paper-light at all!
Honored Contributor
Message 4 of 13 (272 Views)

Janelle:

Please check the cable connections at both the printer and PC end and see.

D.
Occasional Visitor
Message 5 of 13 (272 Views)

Um, wow, a little embarrassed that I didn't try that before, as I had tried everything else! :) It is working wonderfully now, thank you!!!
Occasional Visitor
Message 6 of 13 (272 Views)

Um, wow, a little embarrassed that I didn't try that before, as I had tried everything else! :) It is working wonderfully now, thank you!!! J
Honored Contributor
Message 7 of 13 (272 Views)

J:

You are wlecome!!!

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!!!!!!!!!!

D.
Occasional Visitor
Message 8 of 13 (272 Views)

Hi, I'm having the same problem w/ a LaserJet1300. Orange light blinks, other lights aren't on. I've already changed the paper, checked the connections, etc. any other ideas? Thanks!
Regular Advisor
Message 9 of 13 (272 Views)

Grace
I would start a new thread.
but first check to see if the paper/out
sensor is stuck.

Ric
Occasional Advisor
Message 10 of 13 (272 Views)

My 1300 says out of paper with the amber light, but it's not out of paper, I checked all of the doors, powered off an on, reset cartridge, you name it. I still can't get it recognize that it has paper....
Occasional Visitor
Message 11 of 13 (313 Views)

Andrew, did you try the checking the cable connections from the printer to the CPU? That fixed my problem. Otherwise, there is a sensor in the printer that senses if there is paper or not. That may be shot? I now you can find parts to replace it if you're handy! Hope this helps!
Occasional Visitor
Message 12 of 13 (313 Views)

FYI, on my machine the problem was the roller that moves paper through the machine (at least that's what I think it does). It's the grey rubbery piece located between 2 black plastic pieces all on a metal rod that you see when you take out the ink cartridge, and basically I flipped it back and forth a few times to get the printer to work. I have noticed that I have more problems if I make double-sided prints: often several sheets get drawn in at once, there's a jam and then the "out of paper" problem starts. So much for saving trees!
Occasional Advisor
Message 13 of 13 (313 Views)

I figured it out via another thread, the actual print cartridge was bad, although it still had 3/4 ink left, some how the electronics on the cartridge itself just lost its way.... to verify i replaced the cartridge with an older empty cartridge and it worked, so i bought a new HP cartrdige and it worked, it just so happend that i tried to save money on using a Staples cartridge with large ink capicity, it worked for 7 month's then it just died. The old and new HP cartridge works just fine.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.