LOAD TRAY 1 (Error) (2282 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Jamie Heiniger
Message 1 of 8 (2,282 Views)
Accepted Solution

LOAD TRAY 1 (Error)

G'day guys from downunder. I have an Laserjet2840 and expierencing problems with the printing. Going through the forum and just cannot find a solution.
HP toolbox reports that the "Paper handling" for tray 1 is set to A4 and Plain. But everytime i go and print from any application error message keeps popping "Load Tray 1 Plain Letter", even thou all settings are set to A4 and not Letter. Does anyone have a solution for this problem i am just about bald from pulling my hair out on this one.
Esteemed Contributor
CA1270632
Message 2 of 8 (2,282 Views)

Re: LOAD TRAY 1 (Error)

Hi Jamie,

You have to set paper size in printer also.

#

Press Menu.
#

Use the < (Left Arrow) or the > (Right Arrow) button to select System setup, and then press Enter.
#

Use the < (Left Arrow) or the > (Right Arrow) button to select Paper setup, and then press Enter.
#

Use the < (Left Arrow) or the > (Right Arrow) button to select Def. paper size, and then press Enter.
#

Use the < (Left Arrow) or the > (Right Arrow) button to select the paper size.
#

Press Enter to save the selection.

#

Press Menu.
#

Use the < (Left Arrow) or the > (Right Arrow) button to select System setup, and then press Enter.
#

Use the < (Left Arrow) or the > (Right Arrow) button to select Paper setup, and then press Enter.
#

Use the < (Left Arrow) or the > (Right Arrow) button to select Tray 1 (or optional tray 2), and then press Enter.
#

Use the < (Left Arrow) or the > (Right Arrow) button to select Paper size, and then press Enter.
#

Use the < (Left Arrow) or the > (Right Arrow) button to select the paper size.
#

Press Enter to save the selection.

Chandan K.
Keep trying...
Occasional Contributor
Jamie Heiniger
Message 3 of 8 (2,282 Views)

Sorry chan for the late reply had troubles trying to access this forum. Reading what you have replied to me, i have already done that step. and to just double check again it is all set to A4.
Its weird everything is set to A4 and yet when i print the paper type comes up as letter???? Thanks for the reply again.
Occasional Advisor
Xyb Pontra
Message 4 of 8 (2,282 Views)

I would like to just print from tray 2 (optional tray). But whenever I take paper out of tray 1 and fold the tray to close, the screen tells me I ahve a LOAD TRAY 1 (error). How can I set up the printer to just have 1 tray active?
Honored Contributor
Tony (the Tiger) King
Message 5 of 8 (2,282 Views)

Jamie
Assuming you are using WinXP you will need to make sure that the settings are correct not only in the Printer properties (Control Panel/Printers and Faxes) but also in the Printer Preferences (also in Printers and Faxes) and once more in the application you are using when you go to (for instance) File/Print.
All of these must match the printer internal settings.
Tony
Experts are people who understand how little they really know!
Occasional Advisor
Xyb Pontra
Message 6 of 8 (2,282 Views)

I am on XPSP2. All my settings are matching. The printer doesn't seem to detect paper in tray 2 even when I have paper in the input tray.
I've tried re-installing the software but the same problem exists.
Occasional Advisor
Xyb Pontra
Message 7 of 8 (2,282 Views)

Solution: Printer wasn't catching paper because the paper slider wasn't set to letter size. It was set to one size larger than lettersize. When I set it correctly, I didn't get the "load paper" warning.

...Now on to solve the next problem: anyone know why my internet connection is so slow when the toolbox is running? More importantly how can I fix this?
Occasional Visitor
ehsanq8
Message 8 of 8 (790 Views)

I hope to know how to read the printer from the stairs to the first second drawer

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.