LJP 1606dn and Airprint (359 Views)
Occasional Collector
Norman Caryl
Message 1 of 1 (359 Views)

LJP 1606dn and Airprint

I recently installed the HP firmware update to enable Airprint... WHY IS THERE NO DETAILED DOCUMENTATION TO MAKE IT WORK?

The product propaganda says that it's easy to print to this printer from iPad via a Mac using Airprint, but there's 

1.) no description of any change to the Mac system requirements (if any has been made);

2.) no instructions on making settings changes (if necessary) to

a.) Mac OS 10 System Preferences settings (Network, Sharing, Print and Fax, if appropriate);

b.) WiFi router settings; or

c.) 1606dn embedded Web server values.

Has HP deteriorated so much that it entices customers to use its products without telling them how to make them work?

Also, after installing the firmware update, even printing from the Mac using the Ethernet cable has become problematic and only intermittently dependable. (I have to use the OS X Printers and Fax system preferences pane and re-install the LJP 1606dn driver each time I want to print!)

What's going on at HP?

-- N. C.

I Have Never Worked for HP

(PowerMac G4 Dual Processor; Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger;  Belkin wireless card at PCI slot 4; original iPad; iOS 5.0.1; 2Wire757 WiFi router)

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation