Re: L6 problems with new W-7 64 bit driver update (276 Views)
Occasional Collector
Message 1 of 2 (296 Views)

L6 problems with new W-7 64 bit driver update

OS was W-7 64x Professional.  Installed new W-7 64x Enterprise.  All my computers (W-7 and XPs) printed perfectly on my LaserJet 6L using a Netgear PS110 Server thru a D-Link Router.  When Enterprise was installed and Windows drivers updated everything went to hell.  MS Office documents were lined, if they printed at all.  The first page of the Test Page clearly printed six lines of @PJL SET..... then the front panel light stopped on the top yellow light.  Pressing the reset the printer would print a second and/or third page with a row of designs at the top, and a large blob of letters at the top, which appeared to be the beginning of the Windows Printer Test Page.  Sometimes they were printed on one page and sometimes two. 

The above vendors say it's a printer problem.  If it is and NOT a driver problem: How do I return my printing system to where it was a month ago?  What are the default settings for the L6, and how do I reset them?  Are there recommended settings?  Can I copy them from the original three floppies to a CD if needed?  I feel lost in a maze of Operating Systems, drivers, modified settings and well meaning suggestions.  Thank you in advance for help.

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor
Message 2 of 2 (276 Views)

Re: L6 problems with new W-7 64 bit driver update

The updated driver is probably a PCL6 driver and the printer doesn't understand that language so it prints the garbled stuff you're seeing. You can download the HP Universal Print Driver PS(postscript) or PCL5 driver.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=4157320...
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.