Is there a way to reset my p2015dn back to factory defaults (51752 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Steve Matloff
Message 1 of 2 (51,752 Views)
Accepted Solution

Is there a way to reset my p2015dn back to factory defaults

I looks like someone changed an IP on my printer. is there a way to reset it back to the factory default. I can't get my network to recognize it.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Kenneth Chan_2
Message 2 of 2 (51,752 Views)

Re: Is there a way to reset my p2015dn back to factory defaults

Steve,

You can perform a cold-reset. From the manual :-

A cold reset changes most system parameters in NVRAM to the factory defaults. However, unlike NVRAM initialization, a cold reset does not reset the page count, the paper tray sizes, language, or formatter number.

NOTE: A cold reset also resets all the HP Jetdirect settings as well as the printer settings.

Use the following procedure to perform a cold reset.
1. Turn off the printer.

2. Press and hold the Go button.

3. Turn the printer on, and continue to hold the Go button for at least 5 seconds, but not longer than 15 seconds. During this process, the Attention LED turns on.

4. Release the Go button.

NOTE: If both the Attention and the Ready LEDs turn on before you release the Go button, you must start the procedure again with step 1.

The printer's LEDs begin cycling. The cold-reset process runs until completion, and the printer returns to the ready state.

regards

Ken
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation