I recieve error code 49.4C02 from my HP Laserjet 2300 printer. Any idea what this means? Thanks (23258 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 4 (23,258 Views)

I recieve error code 49.4C02 from my HP Laserjet 2300 printer. Any idea what this means? Thanks

Outstanding Contributor
Message 2 of 4 (23,254 Views)

Re: I recieve error code 49.4C02 from my HP Laserjet 2300 printer. Any idea what this means? Thanks

Can be a  number of issues.  It is a firmware issue.  Most common is a corrupt or bad file trying to print.  Disconnect the printer from the computer or network and power on and see if it comes to ready and you can print.  If you can delete any jobs in the printq on the computer or network and reattach.  If the error is present even with just the power connected then open the right side cover and with the power off remove and reseat any dimm chiips on the formatter.

Advisor
Message 3 of 4 (23,190 Views)

Re: I recieve error code 49.4C02 from my HP Laserjet 2300 printer. Any idea what this means? Thanks

Like David says, most likely you have one document causing this error and until this document is removed from the print queue you will see this error, but many things can cause this error.  You don't mention the OS you are using, but I've found the Papyrus font on Apple OSX 10.5 & 10.6 systems cause this error all the time, with the only solution being to change to a generic printer driver.  PDF files also seem to have a higher chance of causing 49 errors on HP printers too so try using another application to print a PDF to see if it allows the document to be printed.

If you have multiple computers printing to this printer and are unsure who might have printed the document that caused this error, you can cancel the print job at the printer after you turn the printer off & back on.  Wait for the printer to go Ready and then press the Cancel button on the printer before the print job has a chance to cause the error again.

Occasional Visitor
Message 4 of 4 (1,353 Views)

i recieved error code ox80096001 from my hp laserjet 2300n device what shall i do?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.