I'm getting black and colored lines on my invoices and checks-HP Color LaserJet CP2025 (7974 Views)
Occasional Visitor
LiannaS
Message 1 of 7 (7,974 Views)

I'm getting black and colored lines on my invoices and checks-HP Color LaserJet CP2025

[ Edited ]

I have a HP Color LaserJet CP2025 in the office, and lately its been printing thick black lines across my invoices and checks.  It started about a month ago, and it was a few pages, but recently its almost every single page. 

I put the machine on overwrite to print without using color ink because it ran out and we dont use the color in the office. Could that be the issue?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Jonas Törning
Message 2 of 7 (7,839 Views)

Re: I'm getting black and colored lines on my invoices and checks

Had a customers CP2025 printing black lines when set to black and white output when using HPs universal print driver for pcl6, changing to universal print for postscript solved the problem.

/Jonas

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Appraizer
Message 3 of 7 (7,379 Views)

I've started getting black lines.. and thus unreadable print outs. Not even blacklines..but black bars. Could you please post steps to universal post script or site link.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 4 of 7 (7,375 Views)

Go to the reports menu and run a config page.  Had one brought into the shop yesterday that had black bars when printing the config page and colored bars when printing the demo page.  Have not tried fixing yet since customer thought under warranty and it is not.  Waiting for the customer to get back to us.  If the demo and config pages have bars it is not the driver but I would think the formatter or high voltage.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
UNSitHCC
Message 5 of 7 (7,189 Views)

I have also run into a problem with the HP Color Laserjet cp2025 printing black and color bar across all pages. The placement of the bars seems to be random, with bars appearing at different heights on the page but always the same distances apart from one another. The lines also seem to be following the color pattern of black, cyan, magenta, then yellow. The lines DO NOT appear when printing demo or configuration pages directly from the printer, but DO appear when printing any documents from a PC.

I have downloaded the latest driver available, updated the firmware, and calibrated the printer with no luck. I have also deleted the printer and driver from the PC and started with a fresh and updated install. All the cartridges were printing fine before the change and are all HP replacements.

Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Guillaume
Message 6 of 7 (6,425 Views)

usually, it is caused by a bad cartridge. It could be any of the cartridge... A yellow cartridge defect could cause a black mark to appear. Try to swap cartridge 1 by 1 until the problem is solved...

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
hbrobt
Message 7 of 7 (3,973 Views)

Changing out every cartridge would be an expensive task.

What if I buy new cartridges, and still it doesn't work?

Any other ideas?

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation