I/O TIMEOUT (6855 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Eduardo Vigil
Message 1 of 3 (6,855 Views)

I/O TIMEOUT

What is the main significance of the I/O timeout?

All of our HP LaserJet printer have this configuration set to various settings (5 - 300) seconds. What is the industry best practice to regard to these settings?
Advisor
Charles Terasa
Message 2 of 3 (6,855 Views)

Re: I/O TIMEOUT

I/O Timeout refers to the amount time, in seconds, that a printere waits before ending a print job. If print jobs from other ports are mixed in with another print job the I/O Timeout needs to be set higher. Generally I set the timeout to a higher setting than what the network timeout is. That way the EOJ command will terminate the job and not the printer. I usually set the timeout to at least 120. This seems to work for me.

Hope this has helped
Advisor
Charles Terasa
Message 3 of 3 (6,855 Views)

Re: I/O TIMEOUT

I/O Timeout refers to the amount time, in seconds, that a printer waits before ending a print job. If print jobs from other ports are mixed in with another print job the I/O Timeout needs to be set higher. Generally I set the timeout to a higher setting than what the network timeout is. That way the EOJ command will terminate the job and not the printer. I usually set the timeout to at least 120. This seems to work for me.

Hope this has helped
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.