Hp2055 dn:how to set default paper Tray as ONLY N°2 (main)?? (2904 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Valerio Giorgi
Message 1 of 5 (2,904 Views)

Hp2055 dn:how to set default paper Tray as ONLY N°2 (main)??

Hi.
I buy n.2 Hp 2055 dn for printing label of 180 gr/m2.
I can't understand how set the printer for using always n.2 tray for all kind of document.
Now when I print something, it always send to n.1 Tray, give me error because of there isn't paper, and to press OK for using alternative tray.
That printer is connected by network, far from my office. I need to solve that problem, with last printer (Hp Lj 1320) all works well!!
Thanks a lot.
Bye
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
razzer
Message 2 of 5 (2,904 Views)

Re: Hp2055 dn:how to set default paper Tray as ONLY N°2 (main)??

generally depending on what size/type the application is calling for it will look to the tray that has that size/type in it.on the driver printing preferences /paper or paper quality tab you can set the tray 2 size/type default.there may also be an option in the printer menu to set that tray itself as default also.you want the settings generally to match between printer paper menu(on the printer itself),driver and what is being called for in the application.if your application is calling for a size that is different from what is in tray 2,then it may prompt you for tray 1.make sure the guides in tray 2 are in the proper position for what size is in there.configuration page would show what size the printer thinks is in there.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Valerio Giorgi
Message 3 of 5 (2,904 Views)

I try ho change all kind of setting both in Windows Xp Driver panel and in Paper Setting on the Printer without success.
My label are A5 format and about 180 gr/m2, the software on actual working printer (hp 1320 installed with hp 1100 driver) works well using A4 paper setting and normal paper. I try to set in tray 1 (not defined),but not working and in the printer there isn't no setup for disable tray 1 or for using only tray 2.
All settings i try, the printer give me an error, asking me to insert paper in TRay 1 or press Ok for use tray2.
I buy these 2 printers only for that work and for increase the speed and now I can't use that!
Please help me...
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Valerio Giorgi
Message 4 of 5 (2,904 Views)

noone can help me???
Thanks a lot.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
David Manders
Message 5 of 5 (2,904 Views)

Go to the printer panel, press OK then scrool down to factory reset, This is a must, so that we know where you are.
Then go to Printer and faxes from the START menu (bottom left corner) locaate the P2055dn printer, and right mouse click, select printing preferances,
This will give you a list of the default print settings, select tray 2 as where to take the paper from, Then on the bottom of that box select save as, and give it a name like A5 label, and select that profile, now it will go to tray 2 each time you say print A5 label,
I have mine set with the extra tray3 and have tray 3 with general purpose paper, and tray 2 with Special 100gm paper, However Tray 1 should be the one you use for labels of that thickness, with teh back door opened for straight through operation, but that is hoiw you configure it to use a tray, by writing a profile!
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation