10-26-2013 10:47 AM
fter upgrading to Win 8.1 Pro, I lost the abiity for duplex printing on my p2015dn--at least I lost the option to print duplex WITHOUT flipping pages.
I downloaded HP's 9/13 dated universal pcl6 driver. The file now in my downloads folder is an exe file.
- I clicked the exe file, which is called upd-pcl6-x64-220.127.116.1148.exe
Is that what I should have done? What happened when I clicked that file? (No directions came with the download or were posted on the drivers web page.)
- Now when I go to the advanced tab of the printer's Properties, it says, next to driver: HP LaserJet P2015 PCL6 class driver.
That is different from the way the driver looks on my win 7 laptop, which says HP LaserJetP2015 PCL6.
- In the printer's properties it says, on the General tab: Double-sided yes. and under Device Settings it also says Duplex Unit (for 2-sided printing): Installed.
- BUT If I click Preferences on the General Tab, there are only 2 tabs not 5 as in Win 7.
- Anywya under Print on both sides: it says either None or flip short side or flip long side. There is no choice to select print both sides without flipping.
- Same choices on Advanced tab's printing defauls menu
The result in Microsoft Word is that I can no longer select print both sides unless I want to flip or print manually. Same in Adobe Reader or Pro.
How can I fix this?
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-26-2013 11:18 AM
Oh, man! Now I get it. Flip on long edge is the same as keeping page layout "as is."
Perhaps this message will help someone else too. :)