Re: Hp's p2015dn duplex laserjet-doesn't print duplex with layout "as is" in win 8.1 (381 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Diatoday
Message 1 of 2 (385 Views)
Accepted Solution

Hp's p2015dn duplex laserjet-doesn't print duplex with layout "as is" in win 8.1

fter upgrading to Win 8.1 Pro, I lost the abiity for duplex printing on my p2015dn--at least I lost the option to print duplex WITHOUT flipping pages.

I downloaded HP's 9/13 dated universal pcl6 driver. The file now in my downloads folder is an exe file.

• I clicked the exe file, which is called         upd-pcl6-x64-5.7.0.16448.exe

Is that what I should have done? What happened when I clicked that file? (No directions came with the download or were posted on the drivers web page.)

• Now when I go to the advanced tab of the printer's Properties, it says, next to driver: HP LaserJet P2015 PCL6 class driver.

That is different from the way the driver looks on my win 7 laptop, which says HP LaserJetP2015 PCL6.

• In the printer's properties it says, on the General tab: Double-sided yes. and under Device Settings it also says Duplex Unit (for 2-sided printing): Installed.

• BUT If I click Preferences on the General Tab, there are only 2 tabs not 5 as in Win 7.

• Anywya under Print on both sides: it says either None or flip short side or flip long side. There is no choice to select print both sides without flipping.

• Same choices on Advanced tab's printing defauls menu

The result in Microsoft Word is that I can no longer select print both sides unless I want to flip or print manually. Same in Adobe Reader or Pro.

How can I fix this?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Diatoday
Message 2 of 2 (381 Views)

Re: Hp's p2015dn duplex laserjet-doesn't print duplex with layout "as is" in win 8.1

Oh, man! Now I get it. Flip on long edge is the same as keeping page layout "as is."

Perhaps this message will help someone else too. :)

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation