Hp's p2015dn duplex laserjet-doesn't print duplex with layout "as is" in win 8.1 (528 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Diatoday
Message 1 of 2 (528 Views)
Accepted Solution

Hp's p2015dn duplex laserjet-doesn't print duplex with layout "as is" in win 8.1

fter upgrading to Win 8.1 Pro, I lost the abiity for duplex printing on my p2015dn--at least I lost the option to print duplex WITHOUT flipping pages.

I downloaded HP's 9/13 dated universal pcl6 driver. The file now in my downloads folder is an exe file.

• I clicked the exe file, which is called         upd-pcl6-x64-5.7.0.16448.exe

Is that what I should have done? What happened when I clicked that file? (No directions came with the download or were posted on the drivers web page.)

• Now when I go to the advanced tab of the printer's Properties, it says, next to driver: HP LaserJet P2015 PCL6 class driver.

That is different from the way the driver looks on my win 7 laptop, which says HP LaserJetP2015 PCL6.

• In the printer's properties it says, on the General tab: Double-sided yes. and under Device Settings it also says Duplex Unit (for 2-sided printing): Installed.

• BUT If I click Preferences on the General Tab, there are only 2 tabs not 5 as in Win 7.

• Anywya under Print on both sides: it says either None or flip short side or flip long side. There is no choice to select print both sides without flipping.

• Same choices on Advanced tab's printing defauls menu

The result in Microsoft Word is that I can no longer select print both sides unless I want to flip or print manually. Same in Adobe Reader or Pro.

How can I fix this?

Occasional Contributor
Diatoday
Message 2 of 2 (524 Views)

Re: Hp's p2015dn duplex laserjet-doesn't print duplex with layout "as is" in win 8.1

Oh, man! Now I get it. Flip on long edge is the same as keeping page layout "as is."

Perhaps this message will help someone else too. :)

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.