How to replace a LJ1100 Pad? (73 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 4 (73 Views)

How to replace a LJ1100 Pad?

Can anyone tell me the simplist way to replace a LaserJet 1100 Pad (RF5-2886-000CN) as i am unable to find any documentation on it.

Cheers
Honored Contributor
Message 2 of 4 (73 Views)

Re: How to replace a LJ1100 Pad?

You happen to own one of the most difficult to work on printer. Sorry to tell you that. It takes about half hour to replace the separation pad on that printer for me. With that said. Here it goes:

1). Remove the two screws at the back of the printer.
2). Open the little back door at the bottom on the back. Remove that screw too.
3). Open the front door and remove the two screws on the top. Take out the toner cartridge.
4). Remove the two side stand pieces. Use a screw driver to push the two latches out to remove them.
5). Remove the two screws and slide the pick up roller to the right to remove it.
6). Unlatch the back cover from the two latches on each side and lift it upward to remove it.
7). Unlatch the front half at each side and at the two front corners to open it up. You might have to loose the two guides to remove the front half.
8). Remove six screws that are holding the LaserScanner Assembly in place and lift it out of the way.
9). Pull the paper guide upward to remove it.
10).Lift the kick plate up till you could remove it.
11). Unlatch the separation pad clip from the back and lift it up.
12). Replace it with the new one.
13). Do everything in reverse order.

Piece of cake, ain't it?

D.
Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 4 (73 Views)

Thanks for the quick reply,
Some Questions
3) "Open the front door and remove the two screws on the top." (Do you mean the screws with the springs underneath?)

and also

7). "and at the two front corners to open it up" (Could you explain a bit more?)

Thanks
Occasional Visitor
Message 4 of 4 (73 Views)

I realised that the two screws i was looking for were actually missing because of an earlier replacement and they were forgetten to be put back in.
I have now managed to replace the pad.
Thanks for your notes.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.