How do you cold reset JetDirect on Laserjet 4015 or 4515? (7341 Views)
Advisor
Michael C. McMillan
Message 1 of 4 (7,341 Views)

How do you cold reset JetDirect on Laserjet 4015 or 4515?

HP doesn't tell you how to cold reset the JetDirect settings in the manual for the 4015 or 4515. I need to reset the password that it requires when you use the web interface. Someone set it wrong and doesn't know what they set it to and I need need NEED to get this printer web-able again. Every LaserJet has a way to reset the JetDirect settings, so I know there is one. HP doesn't give support on this printer on Sunday, today, and frankly I don't wanna sit on hold for an hour anyway. I'm not talking about the "restore factory settings" option in the printer menu either.

Thanks for any help.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Dewaine Chan
Message 2 of 4 (7,341 Views)

Re: How do you cold reset JetDirect on Laserjet 4015 or 4515?

I believe on this one:
1). you hold down the Blue Check Button and turn the printer on.
2). After RAM count, you release the button when all lights are on.
3). Afetr a few seconds, it will come up to Select Language or Language = English * screen.
4). At this point, use the down arrow button to scroll down and you will see Restore Default or Reset to Default.
5). Hit the Select button and you should be good to go.

D.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Michael C. McMillan
Message 3 of 4 (7,341 Views)

There is no "check button" on the 4515. However, I figured it out. It's the same method used for some other models:

Turn on printer, wait for memory count to begin, press and hold the OK button, all 3 LED's should stay on, then release the OK button, then push down or up to choose COLD RESET.

This will clear the JetDirect settings, including passwords and IP.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
john hodgkins
Message 4 of 4 (7,341 Views)

The cold reset process did not work for me as the Printer was initially set for a manual entry for an IP address. To get DHCP to work remember to enable DHCP. The cold reset will not change that feature.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation