Re: How can I set my printer driver for duplex printing in HP Color LaserJet 3700? (417 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Franklin Colletta
Message 1 of 6 (471 Views)

How can I set my printer driver for duplex printing in HP Color LaserJet 3700?

I set up my printer so it did duplex printing once before but I can't recall how I did it. Any help would be appreciated. I'm printing from a Word document and have all of the Print settings in the print window set to duplex printing. I do remember that I also had to configure the printer itself to do duplex printing in order for it to work.

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 6 (455 Views)

Re: How can I set my printer driver for duplex printing in HP Color LaserJet 3700?

When you go into the printer driver under the finishing tab there will be a place to check to print on both sides. That has to be checked in order for a duplex printer to actually duplex. I assume you have the d model.
Occasional Advisor
Franklin Colletta
Message 3 of 6 (445 Views)

Re: How can I set my printer driver for duplex printing in HP Color LaserJet 3700?

Thank you for your reply, David.

I have the PCL 5 model.

I did check "print both sides."

I also chose "booklet layout -OFF, and "print 1 SHEET.

No luck.

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 4 of 6 (432 Views)

First off do you have the d model? If you go into the menu on the printer under the diagnostics menu there is a paper path test. One of the options when doing the test is to turn duplex on. Do a one page test with duplex on and see if it works. If the option is not there, then you do not have a duplex printer and I do not know how you did it before unless you may have used an earlier driver that allowed for manual duplex where you have to physically move the paper to tray 1 to print the second side in reverse order.
Occasional Advisor
Franklin Colletta
Message 5 of 6 (428 Views)

I don't believe I have the d model. Also, I haven't changed drivers since when I did the duplex printing.

I did the test and the page says:

Destination: Standard Output

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 6 of 6 (417 Views)

If you do not have the duplex model then the unit will not automatically duplex. Use destination is not duplex. There should be a separate item for duplex and if not there, then you do not have a duplex printer and you will have to manually duplex jobs and will have to do some more research on how that is done since some drivers have the option and others do not and the procedure can be different between models.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.