Re: How can I get a toolbox compatible with Windows 7 for my color laserjet 2550L? (414 Views)
Occasional Visitor
HowardTV
Message 1 of 2 (442 Views)
Accepted Solution

How can I get a toolbox compatible with Windows 7 for my color laserjet 2550L?

I upgraded to a computer using windows 7. The driver available through windows prints fine with my laserjet 2550, but I can no longer find a tollbox in order to help maintain the printer. I've searched HP support with no luck. Is there a toolbox link compatible with windows 7 somewhere?

Occasional Visitor
HowardTV
Message 2 of 2 (414 Views)

Re: How can I get a toolbox compatible with Windows 7 for my color laserjet 2550L?

I kept searching numerous problem reports and eventually found an old recommendation to install "HP Easy Printer Care Software". It is a utility for managing multiple printers and it is compatible with windows 7. This also has been discontinued as a download from HP. However, I found a third party that downloaded (with a couple of download glitches, so I won't list that third party). The utility works okay and at least gives status of the printer, cartridges and alerts. It does not have all the maintenance tools as the toolbox, but it is helpful. If you have a similar problem, you can try searching for HP Easy Printer Care Software.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.