Help my hp LaserJet 1200 series stoped printing 3 days ago (3124 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Dustin1
Message 1 of 11 (3,124 Views)
Accepted Solution

Help my hp LaserJet 1200 series stoped printing 3 days ago

Ok I went to print something about 3 days ago and I get this message "Before you can perform printer-related tasks such as page setup or printing a document you need to install a printer.  Do you want to install printer now" First of all I want to add I never unistalled my printer, and I checked to make sure its still plugged in and it is in the power outlet and also from printer to computer so nothing got unplugged.  When I hit yes I get his message "Operation could not be completed, the print spooler system is not running."  I also went to control panel printers and other hardware then printers and faxesand there is nothing there but a blank page, I tried having a guy help me with this over facebook and he said thats not normal that there should at least be an icon for the fax.  I cant find a Product number so I can have chat help, I open the printer where the cartrigae goes and theres a panel with the serial number, model number and etc, but no product number anywhere on the printer.  I also tried installing the driver but it still shows nothing in the printer under controll panel.  If anyone has any ideas I could really used some help.

Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 11 (3,107 Views)

Re: Help my hp LaserJet 1200 series stoped printing 3 days ago

You are probably having a computer problem and not a printer problem.  First to test just press the button on the printer for a couple of seconds and it should print a demo page.  If it does the printer is working.  Now go back into control panel, click on administrative tools and then click on services and then scroll down to print spooler and click on it and if it is not running then it will give you the option to start.  Do that and see if the printer works.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Dustin1
Message 3 of 11 (3,097 Views)

Thankyou so much David, it is working now.  

Thanks, Dustin

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
CathyRussell
Message 4 of 11 (2,962 Views)

How do you get the drivers for the hpLaserjet 1012 I have tried the website and it says it cannot be unzipped!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
cathyholland
Message 5 of 11 (2,237 Views)

Please can someone help me. I had a paper jam. Removed the paper and the printer has worked once since then.

It motors up to print and then stops . The machine is  on and the orange light flashing.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
cathyholland
Message 6 of 11 (2,233 Views)

hi there ...can someone please help me. Got to get office work done b4 24th and printer not working
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
cathyholland
Message 7 of 11 (2,231 Views)

I am new on the forum and don't know how it works. Does someone answer right here or must i go to another page.. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 8 of 11 (2,229 Views)

Re: Help my HP LaserJet 1200 series stopped printing 3 days ago

>Does someone answer right here or must I go to another page?

You look right here.  Or you can use the Options mention on the right to Subscribe to the topic and get mail.

Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 9 of 11 (2,225 Views)

You really need to give us more information. The light blinking generally means that the printer has an issue of either still a paper jam, cover open to toner missing. If you open and close the front cover with the yellow blinking does the motor turn. If not the printer still "thinks" it has a jam. If the motor turns and then the yellow light comes on again, I would think the printer is trying to pickup of a sheet of paper but the roller does not grab it right and after 3 tries it will time out and give the error. Best way to see what is happening is to remove the smoked plastic cover over the paper tray and watch as the motor turns to see if it attempts to pickup paper. If the light is blinking and the motor does not turn the printer has a jam someplace in the path or one of the sensor flags is in the wrong position. Most times the problem is at the fuser exit in the back of the printer. The top cover in the back will open and use a flashlight to see if there is paper stuck there.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Lori58
Message 10 of 11 (1,170 Views)

Re: Help my HP LaserJet 1200 series stopped printing 3 days ago

Hi,

I have the same problem with my Laserjet 1200 Series.  It just stopped working, but my print spoolers are fine and when I press the button I do get a test page.  I have tried to download new drivers w/o success and I have also tried to set up with original disc w/o success.  I don't know what else to do.  When I plug in the USB it says this computer does not recognize the USB that has been plugged in and when I use the disc it says HP LaserJet printing system setup program has encountered a severe error and will now exit.  Restart your computer and run setup again, which I did and I got the same message, on two different laptops mind you.  Can anyone shed any light on this issue?  Thanks in advance.

Lori

Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 11 of 11 (1,162 Views)

The fact that when you plug in the usb cable and it does not recognize what has been plugged in tells us either the usb cable is bad, the port on the computer has issues or the usb output on the printer has issues. Best way to test is to plug into another computer or laptop that you can borrow using another cable. If you get the same reaction, then the formatter on the printer probably has issues.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation