HP4250 printer only printing from tray 1 through IBM iSeries V5R4 (1588 Views)
Occasional Visitor
dante marchesi
Message 1 of 5 (1,588 Views)

HP4250 printer only printing from tray 1 through IBM iSeries V5R4

I am setting up network HP (4250DN) printer on our AS/400. The iSeries sees the printers just fine and I can print documents to them but for some reason on our 4250 will only print from tray 1, the manual tray. How do I set the print writer to default to tray 2 or 3? Here is how I have the printer setup:
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
razzer
Message 2 of 5 (1,588 Views)

Re: HP4250 printer only printing from tray 1 through IBM iSeries V5R4

generally if tray 1 is set to "any" for size/type , it will tend to pull from there first if it is loaded.if it is set for a specific size/type ,then it will only pull from there if that size / type is requested.also this is like putting it into "cassette" mode where then it will tend to look to the highest capacity trays first.

depending on how you are selecting your jobs;by size/type or source ,etc...setting the tray behavior option in the system setup sub menu to "exclusively" might help.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
dante marchesi
Message 3 of 5 (1,588 Views)

I've found the solution. I have set up the device parameter (on AS400) "FORMFEED" from "*AUTOCUT" to "*CONT". Now it works fine.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Dung Nguyen Hoa Trung
Message 4 of 5 (1,588 Views)

Dear Dante Marchesi,

I also have problem same as you,but my printer session use OnePrint,does it like yours???

I am very happy when see your solution,i dont know where i can set device parameter for OnePrint device (for FORMFEED),please kindly reply to me,end-user still complaint me about "must press GO button after press print command". Thanks a lot!!!!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
dante marchesi
Message 5 of 5 (1,588 Views)

Dung,

I hope this will help you.
You have to change the device configuration on AS400, in my case the printer is associated to a device (*DEV) named PRTHP01. To do this enter the command CHGDEVPRT DEVD(printer-name), and press "F4", search the "FORMFEED" paramter and the set it to "*CONT".

I have attached the print screen of the command.

bye,
dante.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation