HP laserjet p1102w not printing (2924 Views)
Occasional Visitor
uucsr
Message 1 of 4 (2,924 Views)

HP laserjet p1102w not printing

Hi-

Hope someone can help. Have had the p1102w for 1 day and it worked fine yesterday. Now it keeps randomly shutting off and will not print jobs. I have it plugged in with the usb and am not using it wirelessly. The computer does not give me an error message but it is holding the jobs.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 2 of 4 (2,911 Views)

Re: HP laserjet p1102w not printing

Hello,

It sounds like your computer cannot talk to your printer anymore.  The easiest thing to do would be to try and setup a new printer object through your printers and faxes folder.  Once you have a new object setup you can delete the old one.

Otherwise you can always uninstall and reinstall the printer from your computer.  The reinstallation process would automatically clean up any errors like this.

Post back with your OS if you need more help.

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple star under my UserName)
Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
Pier3v
Message 3 of 4 (2,908 Views)

If the printer is randomly shutting off, the connection with the computer has nothing to do with it.

In my opinion there is a problem with the formatted board.

Take the printer back where you bought it for a refund or replacement or call HP and have it fixed under warranty.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Heneson
Message 4 of 4 (706 Views)

Hi. I am having a similar problem as the original poster.  I am using  Vista 64.

The error messages I receive when trying to print are:

Error Processing Command (in the print screen) and

Printer is not connected to a USB port.

I have switchewd USB cables twice and to confirm that they are not the problem.  Also, I am able to get this printer to work via USB and wirelessly.

Any specific recommendations would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation