HP color Laserjet 4700 default paper tray (9560 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Kerin Buckle
Message 1 of 6 (9,560 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP color Laserjet 4700 default paper tray

How do I change the default paper tray to tray 2 instead of tray 1. I've tried changing the paper size in tray 1 but that hasn't worked. I have to go to the machine and press on the tick twice for every print job for it to print from tray 2.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
xorgate
Message 3 of 6 (9,560 Views)

Re: HP color Laserjet 4700 default paper tray

I am having this issue as well, and none of the links provided in the second posts resolves the issue. Any other suggestions?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Dan Ma
Message 4 of 6 (9,560 Views)

I also have the same problem with my color Laserjet 4600; it says the Tray 2 is empty even though the tray is full, then the red light flicks, the message asks for tray selection (which is tray #1).
tray 1 = letter
type = plain

tray 2 = letter
type = any

tray 3 = legal
type = any

thanks
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
mabladuibhean
Message 5 of 6 (8,672 Views)

HP color Laserjet 4700 default paper tray

Hi I have noticed that there have been several queries relating to my problem. But I have not identified a solution.

My printer does not appear to allow me to nominate tray 2 as my default. It appears to have stopped prompting me to use tray two when tray one is empty.

I do not wish to use tray one but seem to have no alternative.

Please help

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
lendrick
Message 6 of 6 (6,973 Views)

Hi, I've been having a similar issue for months, and I found the response unhelpful as well.

Here's what I did:  In the tray setup menu, I set up tray 1 to Legal paper with type Color.  In tray 2, I set up Letter paper with type Any.  It's not just the paper size that causes the problem -- I had tray 1 set to legal/any for a long time and it still insisted on trying to use it even when I was printing to letter size.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation