HP color LaserJet 2600n: Color misalignment. (687 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 4 (687 Views)

HP color LaserJet 2600n: Color misalignment.

Hello,

We've been having a problem with our 2600n Laserjet. The black prints ok, but if a section has color in it, it automatically gets a gray shadow (of the same shape) to the left of it. Replaced fuser, and that didn't seem to help. Any thoughts?
Occasional Visitor
Message 2 of 4 (687 Views)

Re: HP color LaserJet 2600n: Color misalignment.

I had the same issue but after running diagnostics a few times, turning it off /on and letting it sleep for the weekend it went away. Now I have the reds coming out in a dark maroon. any thoughts?
Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 4 (687 Views)

My 2600n suddenly has developed a problem where the colors are 2-3 mm out of alignment with each other. I have not disassembled or fooled with the mechanism at all. Any ideas what the problem is, or how to fix it?

Thanks

JEH
Occasional Visitor
Message 4 of 4 (687 Views)

I am seeing the same issue. Black prints fine (since only the black cartridge is used). Colors show shadowing, where multiple cartridges seem to be misaligned. I was advised by a reseller of cartridges to remove the cartridges, turn off and on, then re-install cartridges and let the printer re-calibrate. I've done this twice with not much improvement. Any other ideas?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.