HP Lazerjet Pro 400 Colour MFP M475dw printing grey in image issue (166 Views)
Occasional Visitor
bl-ecology
Message 1 of 3 (166 Views)

HP Lazerjet Pro 400 Colour MFP M475dw printing grey in image issue

Hi,

When I print from word , greys appear to work in text, colour filled boxes etc. In additon greys work well in paint, excel and from photos etc. I have run a diagnitic and greys print absolutley fine, the toner and quality is all 100%. 

However when i try and print a jpeg company logo which includes a grey colour, this prints light blue? I have fiddled about with numerous settings however cannot get the logo to print as it should. Is there something im missing? It must be  communication issue between the PC and the printer or similar beacuse greys are printing perfectly well on all apps. 

Has anyone got any idea what to do?

Thanks

Super Advisor
Oldscout
Message 2 of 3 (150 Views)

Re: HP Lazerjet Pro 400 Colour MFP M475dw printing grey in image issue

Do you have the latest driver. You need PCL5 OR 6.
Next would be to up grade the firmware.
Honored Contributor
Chris H
Message 3 of 3 (140 Views)

Re: HP Lazerjet Pro 400 Colour MFP M475dw printing grey in image issue

>> ... try and print a jpeg company logo ...

How are you printing the jpeg image? Are you, for example:

• Placing the .jpeg file on a USB stick and using the walk-up printing USB port on the front of the printer to directly print the file?
  • Opening the file with a Windows application (which one?), and printing from that application using a Windows printer driver (which one?).
  • Embedding the jpeg image into a Word document, and printing that document?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.