HP Laserjet4650dn-- pink streak on right edge of paper (845 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Siran
Message 1 of 5 (845 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Laserjet4650dn-- pink streak on right edge of paper

I have a HP Laserjet4650dn. When I print, a 1/4 inch pink streak appears (faint in some areas, darker on others) on the right hand side of the page. What can I do to make this stop?

Thanks
Frequent Advisor
William Mondy
Message 2 of 5 (845 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet4650dn-- pink streak on right edge of paper

Hi, The solution you can try is open the front door of the printer, you will see a black belt(Transfer Belt) See if you see the same line that appears on your print out on the belt if so use a soft cloth and wipe the belt down on the edges.You might have to manually role the belt to get the whole belt completly clean.
Occasional Contributor
Siran
Message 3 of 5 (845 Views)

I wiped down the belt, but the pink line keeps coming back (both on the belt and paper) the next time I print.
Honored Contributor
Mark Froggatt
Message 4 of 5 (845 Views)

Siran

its a good chance that you have a defective magenta toner cartridge to test this

from printer contol panel showing ready.

press select button then scroll down to diagnostics and press select. scroll down to disable cartridge check and press select.
then remove the magenta toner then print out a config page. from ready, select, scroll to information page press select, config page select you will get a page with no pink on it

to get back to normal mode turn off and swich printer on.
Mark
Occasional Contributor
Siran
Message 5 of 5 (845 Views)

We replaced the cartridge, since it was getting low. Now there is a faint pink tint to the entire paper (in fact, the entire 100+ page print job is tinted pink). Also, there are about 4 very slight pink lines down the page.

Any ideas?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.