HP Laserjet printer of 401 (207 Views)
Occasional Visitor
sathyas100
Message 1 of 3 (207 Views)

HP Laserjet printer of 401

lasarjet 401 series

At my office we have installed 8 HP Laserjet printer of 401 series  but suddenly the the printer stop working ( all the printers) without any reason. when we analyse we understand that we are in workgroup environment where the usb drives are blocked for data cards. The HP printers are connected to USB only since the printer suddenly read the USB as data drive, the printer stop working.

We operate on window 7 professional 32 bit

can any one suggest solutions

sathya

Please use plain text.
Super Advisor
Oldscout
Message 2 of 3 (178 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet printer of 401

Where there any Microsoft updates done? Something changed to disrupt all the printers. Check that first.
Please use plain text.
HP Pro
mickeytom
Message 3 of 3 (165 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet printer of 401

Hi, Are your printer "HP LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M401",  it seems your issue is with HP Smart Install.

if your printer was recognized as data drive, you may need to disable the HP smart install, which can be done via below:

On Control Panel,

Setup Menu --> Service --> HP Smart Install --> select  "Off"  as to turn "smart install" off. then your PC should recognize the printer in normal.

Turning it all doesn't impact your normal usage of printer, please try it and let me know if it doesn't work.

`````````````````````````````
I am an HP employee.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation