HP Laserjet P4014N Adds top Margins to PDFs and cuts off bottom 1/4 of page (1332 Views)
Occasional Contributor
mpotts980
Message 1 of 3 (1,332 Views)

HP Laserjet P4014N Adds top Margins to PDFs and cuts off bottom 1/4 of page

This printer has a network connection to two computers, and on both of them, it randomly starts cutting off text from the bottom by adding a huge margin on top no matter what settings we use.  It only happens with PDF's and not on all of them.  I've reinstalled the latest firmware AFTER this issue occured and have tried reinstallations multiple, multiple times.  Someone help?  
We've set it to print to page, and at 100% with no changes.
I've tried PCL5, PCL6, and PS drivers and all three create a printer image that fails to even print.  This is starting to cause a real issue, can someone please point me in the right direction or at least validate this issue for me?   

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 3 (1,103 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet P4014N Adds top Margins to PDFs and cuts off bottom 1/4 of page

If it only happens with pdfs then I would look at the program you are using for pdfs. Are you using Adobe Reader or Acrobat or some other pdf reader? Since it does not happen with any other programs it can not be a printer issue but has to be a software or driver issue.
Honored Contributor
Chris H
Message 3 of 3 (1,083 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet P4014N Adds top Margins to PDFs and cuts off bottom 1/4 of page

You say that:

"... it randomly starts cutting off text from the bottom by adding a huge margin on top no matter what settings we use.  It only happens with PDF's and not on all of them ..." 

in which case I agree with David's diagnosis.

But then you go on to say:

"... I've tried PCL5, PCL6, and PS drivers and all three create a printer image that fails to even print. ..."

which (if nothing prints) seems to imply that the first statement can't be correct!

Can you explain this apparent contraction?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.