HP Laserjet 4100 started printing light (364 Views)
Occasional Visitor
CA1283878
Message 1 of 3 (364 Views)

HP Laserjet 4100 started printing light

I am wondering if anybody would have any suggestions. I have this printer and yesterday the printer started to print light printouts. I changed the toner cartridge and still light. I changed the toner cartridge with a known good toner cartridge and still light printouts. I have checked all configuration on the printer and am not sure what to do next. Any help would be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Jim Hohl
Message 2 of 3 (364 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet 4100 started printing light

Steve,
I haven't seen this yet with a 4100, but on the 4000 I have here, I have had to replace the laser/scanner. You can try replacing the transfer roller first but in my cases it did not help.
Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
CA1085692
Message 3 of 3 (364 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet 4100 started printing light

Hi Steve Huff,
First after change toner with a known good condition toner no clue,
Try to clean service a Transfer Roller with dry wipe not touch my finguer.also clean a Laser/Scanner Mirror with dry wipe.
If these two action not resloved your problem. It might be cause problem from Laser/Scanner Unit Or Formatter Board itself Malfunction and need to replace.

Try to change each part One/One to eliminated which part cause this problem.

Regards,
Nkassas
There are no short cuts to anything worth doing
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation