HP Laserjet 4050tn - Windows 7 64bit - can't choose a paper tray (1975 Views)
Occasional Visitor
hans_wagner
Message 1 of 2 (1,975 Views)

HP Laserjet 4050tn - Windows 7 64bit - can't choose a paper tray

Hello,

i have a problem with our Laserjet 4050tn printers.

I have installed Windows 7 64bit on a few machines, and with this machines I'm not able to choose a paper tray, the printer always uses the paper in tray 3.

For these printers there's only a 'universal driver' available, and i think this driver is the problem. Actually, in the preferences i see all installed paper trays, and i even tried to set the 3rd tray to not installed, but the printer still uses the paper from tray 3. I could change the preferences in my word, IE,... but the printer always uses the paper from tray 3.

Since now I've installed the printer locally on the machine, i tried to add the driver to our W2003 print server (this doesn't work because the universal driver uses another name for the printer) and i even set up a new print server under W2008 x64. But i always get the same result...

Could anyone help me? Any idea or solution?

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 2 (1,959 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet 4050tn - Windows 7 64bit - can't choose a paper tray

The driver should be built into the operating system.  If not shown, then just click on windows update button when on the makers page and the screen will repopulate.  Also people have success using the Vista drivers in windows 7.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.