HP Laserjet 4050n Appears offline (3218 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Marcel Wittens
Message 1 of 6 (3,218 Views)

HP Laserjet 4050n Appears offline

Hello,

We are having problems with or laserjet HP4050.
On the screen of the printer it have the state of Ready, but on or terminal server it says: Offline.

We tried to print local, and it worked.
We tried to install the printer on another pc outside the network, and it worked.

We have tried to reinstall the printer on the Terminal server. First it say: status: Ready. After we switched the port to the ip number of the location where the printer is, it say: Ready.

But when we send an print job to it, it goes to offline.

It worked for almost 5 weeks. but now it isnt working anymore. We also tried to turn of theprinter, deleted the power cables and the network cables. After 1 minute we did them back but still no results.
Honored Contributor
Mark Froggatt
Message 2 of 6 (3,218 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet 4050n Appears offline

Marcel

from the printer control panel print out the config page. you should get 2 pages 1 with printer info and a2nd one with network settings.

if you only get the 1st page then the network card in the printer has failed and you will need a new one.

Mark
Occasional Visitor
Marcel Wittens
Message 3 of 6 (3,218 Views)

Mark,

We have also printed the configuration file to make sure that the IP address was still correct, and that the modem was redirecting to the correct IP.

We had 2 pages like you said.
And because we can print from the local network we can say that the network card is working perfect.

But still thanks for your reply.

Yours,
MW
Occasional Visitor
Marcel Wittens
Message 4 of 6 (3,218 Views)

After some new research today i changed a little setting on the printer.

I have unchecked the SNMP status, and suddenly the printer went back to online.

Also the users told me that they can print again.
Advisor
A-dub
Message 5 of 6 (3,218 Views)

For those who encounter this problem, the way to actually correct it is by configuring the SNMP GET and SET community names on the printer itself, and then do the same within the print queue setting. The offline status will then change to online while retaining the SNMP functionality.
Occasional Visitor
Lan Hoang
Message 6 of 6 (3,218 Views)

Please let me know where I can go to unchecked the SNMP status?
Thank you
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.