HP Laserjet 4 Plus Prints on one page (97 Views)
Occasional Visitor
CA908854
Message 1 of 4 (97 Views)

HP Laserjet 4 Plus Prints on one page

I have an Laserjet 4 plus. If you send more than one page to the printer, it all prints on one page. Kind of like double exposure.
Frequent Advisor
CA825861
Message 2 of 4 (97 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet 4 Plus Prints on one page

You didn't indicate if it was working correctly and started this or if it has never worked correctly so...

I would check a few things:
1. be sure the LJ4+ driver is installed and not the LJ4
2. check printer cable connections and be sure to use a bidirectional cable
3. if it has been working fine and now does not, the formatter board may be to blame. This is the part of the printer that interprets the signals it receives from the computer. A formatter pca board is expensive but can likely be found as an exchange item.

Better get more opinions.

...if I'm the expert we're all in trouble!
Occasional Visitor
CA908854
Message 3 of 4 (97 Views)

This printer was on a 95 machine. It has been moved to a 2000 machine. We have another HP 4 Plus hooked to a 2000 machine and it works fine. I took the one that wasn't working and hooked it to the computer that was. It worked fine printing the same document. I concluded that it was either the computer or the cable. I switched the cable. It still printed all pages on one. My conclusion is that it is something with this computer. It is an older model celeron that was just upgraded to W2000.
Honored Contributor
Dewaine Chan
Message 4 of 4 (97 Views)

OK. Please try this and see if that will work or not:

Leave the HP LJ 4 Plus driver loaded. Added a LJ 4 printer and use the LJ 4 driver to run a test print of a document that has two or more pages. Would you still get the same problem? If not, try to unload the LJ 4 Plus driver completely and reload it again.

Best lucks.
Dewaine
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.