Re: HP Laserjet 2200 - paper re-feeds back into machine (154 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Adam Fielding
Message 1 of 5 (346 Views)

HP Laserjet 2200 - paper re-feeds back into machine

Hi,

I have a 2200 which has recently begun to print, but right at the end of the process draw back the paper into the machine. The page will print perfectly well and gets halfway out before being drawn back (as though for a print on the reverse of the page). The page will then jam in the area of the rear door. However if the rear door is left open the page will stop there and there is no problem.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 5 (346 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet 2200 - paper re-feeds back into machine

Sounds like duplex is turned on in the driver and the printer has issues when duplexing. Go to the driver properties and make sure duplex is turned off. You could also press both buttons on the printer at the same time to print a config sheet which will tell you if duplex has been set a default from within the printer.
Occasional Visitor
tleeny
Message 3 of 5 (174 Views)

Re: HP Laser 2200 - paper re-feeds back into machine

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem, except I printed out the Self Test/Configuration, and it shows that the DUPLEX is OFF.  My problem is this.  I do not have the printer connected to a computer, I press the Go button and it prints but when it gets half way out of the the top, it stops and goes back in and stops at the base of the toner cartage? When I leave the back open the paper comes out just fine. Remember the self test shows duplex is off.

I could use some advice.

Thanks in advance.

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 4 of 5 (163 Views)

When you press the go button even if duplex is turned off it will print in duplex mode since this is a demo page you get when you press the go button. Press down the small button at the top and hit the go button and release. This will print a config page and it will not be drawn back into the printer. The reason for the jam is you are having an issue with the duplex mechanics of the printer so printing in simplex will work all the time but duplex will jam.
Occasional Visitor
tleeny
Message 5 of 5 (154 Views)

Thank you for the explanation. I connected it to my computer, and am using Windows 7. I found it works great now. I do not need to use duplex, so I a very happy with simplex mode. This printer is a real work horse for its age! Just got it from my schools surplus sit today!
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.