HP LaserJet Professional P 1102w can't connect to protect wireless network (613 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 4 (613 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP LaserJet Professional P 1102w can't connect to protect wireless network

Hello guys,

I have a client that has this printer working fine until 2 months ago but right now I'm getting problems to get the WIfi connection

The scenario as:

- Dlink Router without password, with MAC Filter enabled.

- Printer's MAC address allowed (in the Wifi's list)

- Manual IP set in printer configuration page

Now the printer only get the connection to Wifi if I disable the MAC Filter in Dlink. If the filter as enabled, the printer stays offline (with blue led "blinking").

Any ideas?

Occasional Advisor
Message 2 of 4 (598 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet Professional P 1102w can't connect to protect wireless network

you able to connect it without filtering, then in the mac address filtering list add the mac address from an auto-populated list rather than manually typing it?  then enable filtering?  What model dlink router is it?  Also are there other devices that are connected to the router using the filtering?

Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 4 (584 Views)

Thanks for reply.

Dlink model is DSL -2750B.

The Printer's mac addres as typed manually and also I get the MAC from the list of devices connected to Dlink (when filter as disabled) and in both cases the problem persists.

Other devices like laptops and smartphones connect normally to WIFI with filter enabled.

Occasional Advisor
Message 4 of 4 (490 Views)

Were you able to resolve this?  Also had you tried disabling the filter, connecting the printer, and then enabling the filter whilst the printer was already connected?  Unfortunately if you haven't resolved this I'd recommend disabling the MAC filter and instead implementing encrypted network passphrase protection, WPA2 if all their devices will support it.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.