HP LaserJet Pro 400 Printing PDFs aligning to the bottom of the page (671 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Joshkeystone
Message 1 of 3 (671 Views)

HP LaserJet Pro 400 Printing PDFs aligning to the bottom of the page

We have a new HP LaserJet Pro 400 color MFP M475 in our office. When we print PDFs it often aligns pages to the bottom rather than the top.  So if there is a half page on the first page or last page it print the text in the bottom half of the page rather than the top. I believe this is an issue with the PCL 6 driver as when I donwload and use the postscript driver it works fine. However, I prefer the functionality on the PCL 6 driver and also don't want to go through the hassle of installing an inferior driver on all our office computers. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the PCL 6 driver but that doesn't fix it. Finally the problem happens with some PDFs (not all) and so far has been fine with word/powerpoint.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Chris H
Message 2 of 3 (647 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet Pro 400 Printing PDFs aligning to the bottom of the page

Don't know the answer, but (as I have a LaserJet Pro 400 colour MFP M475dn) I could try to see if I can reproduce the problem and perhaps (help to) work out what is going on by analysing the print stream generated by the driver.

But I don't have very many PDF files available, so could you supply a small (sanitised data) example PDF file which exhibits the fault?

Are you using the device-specific PCL6 driver, or the UPD PCL6 driver? I use the device-specific PCL6 driver version 61.120.4.12262

Which Operating System? I use Windows 7 Professional 64-bit edition.

What application are you using to open and print the PDFs? I use Adobe Reader X version 10.1.4

Please use plain text.
Visitor
JeffConrad
Message 3 of 3 (448 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet Pro 400 Printing PDFs aligning to the bottom of the page

I think I have essentially the same problem; it’s perhaps a bit more general than described here. I′ve posted a description in this thread.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation