HP LaserJet 6P Service Manual or Dismantle Guide (763 Views)
Frequent Advisor
BR724850
Message 1 of 5 (763 Views)

HP LaserJet 6P Service Manual or Dismantle Guide

Has anyone got anything that will help me dismantle my Laserjet 6P ? and I don't mean a sledge hammer !

I need to fit a new final fuser roller but would like to gen-up on how to take it apart before I start.

Regards, Dave Baker
Technology is just stuff, that doesn't work properly yet ! - Douglas Adams
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Dewaine Chan
Message 2 of 5 (763 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet 6P Service Manual or Dismantle Guide

Dave:

OK. You asked for it. Here it goes:

1). Remove the paper tray.
2). Open the cover and remove the Toner cartridge.
3). Remove the printer and power cable side covers. Disconnect the printer and power cable.
4). Press latch on at the left side of the printer and slide the left panel toward the front and then pull it away from the printer.
5). Remove any SIMM module that is installed.
6). Remove the four screws that are holding the case. They ae under the cover: two back and two front.
7). Open the MP tray and the back door all the way and turn the printer on its side.
8). There are four plastic latches at the bottom holding the case in place. These latches are part of the casing. Two on the front and two at the back. You should be able to use a flat screw driver and unlatch them gently. Please pay very close attention to these four latches. Don't use brutal force or it is Super glue/new case time.
9). After you have unlatch them. You should be able to slide the casing up.
10). Remove the black cover at the back that covers the Fuser assembly. Again, be carefull not to break the piece when you remove it.
11). I think there are four screws holding the Fuser in place. Remove the screws and slightly lift the Fuser then slide it out.
12). Now you are ready to rebuild the Fuser.
13). Reverse the steps to put things back.

HOpe these help.

Points are appreciated.

Regards.
Dewaine
Please use plain text.
Super Advisor
ian_49
Message 3 of 5 (763 Views)

Dave
Ive got a pdf format doc of some sort that may help if you would like to be sent it, plz let me have your email address.
ianchis@aol.com

regards
ian ..
Im not an expert
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
BR724850
Message 4 of 5 (763 Views)

Thanks for that very detailed set of dismantling instructions Dewaine, I'll let you know how I get on.

Regards, Dave Baker
Technology is just stuff, that doesn't work properly yet ! - Douglas Adams
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Andrew Francis
Message 5 of 5 (763 Views)

Excellent set of instructions- I used them also to clear a nasty paper jam at the fuser.
Step 8- the 2 tabs at the rear are a real bear to release- there is a notch in the case at the rear of the printer case right at the hinge of the rear exit tray. Carefully and gently pull straight out on the case near the hinge and then push gently up on rear tabs.

Thanks again for the instructions
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation