HP LaserJet 4100 IP Address (8618 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Julia Rumsey
Message 1 of 3 (8,618 Views)

HP LaserJet 4100 IP Address

How do I change the IP address on my HP LaserJet 4100?
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Pat Flanagan
Message 2 of 3 (8,572 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet 4100 IP Address

Julia,

If you don't know the current IP, print a configuration page. It will be on the 2nd page.

Enter the IP address in the address bar of Internet Explorer, and Go.

The built-in webpage will open.

Click the Networking button, then TCP/IP button at the next page. You can then make the changes there. When you're done, click the APPLY button at the bottom of the page. If you don't, your changes will not be saved.

There's also a way to do this through the control panel, but I've never done it that way. If you need to do that, print a menu map, and it will show you how to get to that setting.

Pat
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Adam F.
Message 3 of 3 (8,572 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet 4100 IP Address

Unfortunately, the menu map on this printer doesn't, if you have a JD 610N in it.

From the control panel of the printer...

1. Menu button over to EIO Jetdirect Menu, Item button over to CFG Network, Value button over to Yes, press Select button to confirm.

2. Item button over to CFG TCP/IP, Value button to Yes, press Select button to confirm.

3. Item over to each byte of the IP address. Use the value key to change the numbers to what you desire. Use the Select button to confirm. Repeat for each byte of the IP, subnet mask, and gateway that you would like to select.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation