HP LaserJet 4050n with internal Jetdirect 600n 10/100tx (87 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Veron Benton
Message 1 of 2 (87 Views)

HP LaserJet 4050n with internal Jetdirect 600n 10/100tx

Greetings,
I do not have the installation CD. I need help to set up the HP LaserJet 4050n printer. The printer is installed but I cannot access it. I says within the configuration page that the bidirectional IEEE.1284 cable is not installed. I cannot see it on the network. It will not allow me to access the Public IP configured on the printer. How do I get into the unit to reconfigure it for this network. The onboard menu does not afford me access to the Public IP configured on it. How can I activate IEEE.1284 direct connection to the printer? I did all that I know how to do to connect to this printer, yet I cannot print to it directly. What is the problem? The drivers were loaded by HP discovery WEB site. I still cannot print to this device. Please Help.

--------------
PS: This thread has been moved from "Feedback and forums usage questions > business support web site" to "Printing and digital imaging > printers - LaserJet" - Forums Moderator
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
robertsk
Message 2 of 2 (87 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet 4050n with internal Jetdirect 600n 10/100tx

Go to the EIO Menu

EIO (enhanced input/output) Menus depend on the particular
accessory product installed in an EIO slot of the printer. If the printer
contains an HP JetDirect print server EIO card, you can configure
basic networking parameters using the EIO Menu. These and other
parameters can also be configured through HP JetAdmin.
Table 3-12. EIO Menu
Item Values Explanation
CFG NETWORK=NO NO
YES
NO: The JetDirect Menu is not accessible.
YES: The JetDirect Menu appears.
Then you should be able to access the IP Address

Hope This Helps
Ken
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation