HP LaserJet 1100 "Error - Printing" (447 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Jack Jackson Sr.
Message 1 of 3 (447 Views)

HP LaserJet 1100 "Error - Printing"

I have an HP LaserJet 1100 printer. I recently bought a USB to Serial adapter to use it with my new laptop which has only USB ports.

I downloaded the driver from the HP website, and installed the printer using that driver. It may be important to note that it did not recognize it as a plug-and-play printer, I had to manually browse for the drivers and install that way.

Every time I try to print something, it simply adds the item to the print queue, but does not print. The Status column says "Error - Printing". I have tried it with all 3 USB ports on the laptop (2 in back and 1 on the side) and get the same problem.

Has anybody else had this same problem or does anyone have ideas about what might be causing this? Any help is much appreciated! Thank you. :)
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Jack Jackson Sr.
Message 2 of 3 (447 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet 1100 "Error - Printing"

And by the way, this is on Windows XP Professional.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 3 of 3 (447 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet 1100 "Error - Printing"

Some people do not believe me, but the make of the adapter makes a difference and some work and other do not. When you connect the usb cable to the computer it should say found new hardware and should load the driver for the "adapter" first and then find the printer.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation