HP LJ P3015n RESEND UPGRADE / INCOMPLETE F/W - MUST DOWNLOAD (453 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Peter Davidsson
Message 1 of 3 (453 Views)

HP LJ P3015n RESEND UPGRADE / INCOMPLETE F/W - MUST DOWNLOAD

Hi!

I upgraded firmware on my HP LJ P3015n using HP Web JetAdmin. Something failed during the upgrade.

I was upgrading to the new version 07.171.2 - 15 Nov 2013

--------------------------

I found out that the NIC is still working but not the WEB GUI.

I now tried a new firmware upgrade but that was not possible.

Then I found on the internet that I could perform this operation to make the error go away and try to upgrade the firmware again:

Clearing RFU Error Message
1. Turn the printer power off.
2. Power on the printer and watch for the memory count to begin.
3. Holds down the STOP button when you see the memory counts begin. Continue holding down the STOP button until all three printer control-panel lights flash once and then remain on. This might take up to 10 seconds.
4. Press the SELECT (Checkmark) button and then the MENU Button.
5. Scroll down until you see “Clear All RFU Errors”.

This removed the error message on the printer and it stated Ready

I now tried upgrading using FTP but got stock on error:

> Netout :Software caused connection abort
426 Download failed, corrupt file.

I tried to download the package "ljP3015_fw_utility_07_171_2.exe" and upgrade from Windows.

It states Successful but it's not working.

I now printed a config page and found a message on the page for the Jetdirect

INCOMPLETE F/W - MUST DOWNLOAD

And here we are, any one that could give me any advice?

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 3 (436 Views)

Re: HP LJ P3015n RESEND UPGRADE / INCOMPLETE F/W - MUST DOWNLOAD

Connect printer using usb and try upgrading using that port.
Occasional Contributor
sepetdav
Message 3 of 3 (412 Views)

Re: HP LJ P3015n RESEND UPGRADE / INCOMPLETE F/W - MUST DOWNLOAD

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the tip.

Yes it worked fine!

Here is a guide for update through a USB port for others that might read this.

Remote firmware update through a USB portIf the product is connected over a USB connection, follow these instructions:
1.From a command prompt or in an MS-DOS window, type copy /b <FILENAME>\\<COMPUTERNAME>\<SHARENAME> , where <FILENAME> is the name of the .RFU file (including the path), <COMPUTERNAME> is the name of the computer from which the product is being shared, and <SHARENAME> is the product share name. For example, type the following:
copy /b P3010fw.rfu \\your_computer\lj3010
If the file name or path includes a space, you must enclose the file name or path in quotation marks. For example, type C:\>copy /b "c:\My Documents\P3010fw.rfu" \\your_computer\lj3010
2.Press Enter on the keyboard. The messages described in the section Printer messages during the firmware update appear on the control panel. The message 1 file(s) copied appears on the computer screen.
3.The download process begins and the firmware is updated on the product. This can take several minutes. Let the process finish without further interaction with the product or the computer. The messages described in the section Printer messages during the firmware update appear on the control panel.
The product automatically turns off and then on again to activate the update; this can happen more than once. At the end of the update process, the READY message appears on the control panel. Do not turn off the product or interfere with the update until you see this message.
4.Print a configuration page and verify that the firmware revision number matches the revision of the current update.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.